The 2020 online forum is researched and organised by Sustainable Wine Ltd. It will be FREE to attend and will attract key players from all areas of the wine industry who are searching for practical solutions in this time of crisis.
Given our first event in late 2019 sold out, we believe that a free, online model can bring together hundreds of professionals from all aspects of the wine industry across all geographies.
The event will analyse the big issues facing the wine value chain with in-depth focus on sustainable viticulture, distribution, logistics, circular approaches, consumers and transparency.
The state-of-the-art virtual platform, which we will use, emulates a physical conference and enables both networking and learning. It will be complemented by our website www.sustainablewine.co.uk.
- How do we define sustainability in wine and is there a need for a global standard, or series of them, for the industry?
- Profitable sustainability – How do you spot opportunities and mitigating risks for long-term success?
- Transparency: What consumers want from wine brands
- Sustainable packaging, glass and alternatives, how wine will be sold by 2025 and beyond
- How sustainability will change logistics and shipping
- Climate adaptation and mitigation, planning and resourcing
- Sustainable technology solutions for the wine industry
- Circular approaches and business opportunities in packaging
- Labels and transparency: What do consumers want?
- Sustainability certification and its value
- How circular approaches in the winery can save money and emissions
- How tech is changing wine marketing – and how to respond
- Vineyard techniques for climate adaptation and mitigation
- Soil health: How to improve vineyard resilience
- Herbicides and pesticides, a frank discussion about the end of chemicals in the vineyard
- Social Sustainability: How to tackle modern slavery and human rights
- An open debate about equality, diversity and inclusion in the wine industry, across the value chain